Yellow Ochre in Clay and Ceramics
Yellow Ochre can be used to achieve a range of yellows and browns in many industries. Used alone or blended, the high mineraloid content offers rich colouration. Yellow Ochre mixes safely and beautifully with other pigments to produce a variety of natural tones. Transparency can range from rich opacity to a quality glaze.
- Blends easily and uniformly in both mortar and concrete
- Most economical buff colourant available today
- Ochre-based blends consistently out-perform synthetic iron oxide colours where the production of an earth tone is desired
- Weather and UV resistance, high durability, compatibility, and safety as an interior or exterior paint
- Fills pores as a wood polish to make surfaces even and attractive
Yellow Ochre is composed of limonite, which is a mineraloid composed of iron oxyhydroxide.
- Vegan Tattoos
- Preservative agent for the preparation of animal hide
- Loading agent (mastics) in the formation of adhesives
- Wood polish
- Exterior painting
- Interior painting
- Mortar, brick, roofing granules, concrete/concrete block/concrete pavers, retaining walls, plastics and coatings, ceramic roofing and floor tiles, inks/paints/stains, caulks and sealers
Yellow Ochre is a natural earth pigment that has been used to create rich, rustic yellow since the creation of cave art in prehistoric ages. It is considered one of the oldest naturally-occurring pigments known to man and consists mostly of clay coloured by hydrated iron oxide.
Lighter shades of pale yellow can be burned to produce darker red shades. Under moderate heat, yellowish-red colours are produced. The higher the heat, the richer and more saturated the colour produced.
Choose the packaging and shipping arrangement that best suits your needs, from small packaging to bulk bags or custom sizes made just for you. We can accommodate virtually any size, from one metric ton to thousands.
We maintain competitive pricing in an effort to win and retain your business for as long as you need us. Our goal is to meet the needs of every customer, including those with special requests and demanding production schedules.
A 15-day general turnaround for manufacturing allows us to get your compounds to you as quickly as possible, so you can keep up with the demands of your business. Contact us to get in touch with a distributor in your area if you don’t have time to wait for materials.
We currently ship to 44 countries across the world and we’re happy to ship to yours, too. The dependable and professional logistics channels we have in place make it easy to offer great pricing and service regardless of your location.
With 48 years as professionals in mining and manufacturing, we have the insight, network, and experience to offer you the very best in quality, service, and efficiency. We’ve been accredited by the ISO 9001 since 2002 and have most recently met the 2015 standard.
We aim to provide the very best materials available to our customers, and become your one-stop shop for colourants, minerals, compounds, and more. Take a look at our general clay and ceramic page to see all the other clay and ceramic products we have available.
If you’d like to become a distributor of African Pegmatite products, get in touch with us and we’ll customise an arrangement with you.