Water Filtration Application
Hydro-Anthracite can be used alone for water filtration or with various sizes of sand in dual-media filters. Its unique shape and density allow it to filter more efficiently, making it the perfect media for the filtration of drinking water, processed water, pool water, waste water, industrial water, and municipal water.
- Low dry bulk density and high strength necessary for nano-filtration (suspended solids with SG less than 1)
- Irregular granule shapes don’t pack down as tightly as filter sand
- Filters larger particles and coagulated suspended matter more efficiently
- Will not perform adsorption
- Longer filter runs than traditional filter sands
- Less head loss and backwashing than traditional filter sands
- Angular sediment penetrates deeper into the bed
- Large volumes of suspended matter and particles can be removed with one multimedia filter (quartz sand and Hydro-Anthracite)
- Hydraulically classifies at 850kg/m3 and remains above heavier media, providing a pre-filtration layer
- Lower uniformity coefficient results in a highly uniform bed
- Carbon content between 79% and 81%
- 2.75-3 hardness on Mohs scale (higher than other bituminous coals)
- 1.3-1.4 relative density (higher than other bituminous coals)
Anthracite was created by the fossilization of dense green vegetation in the Carboniferous Age. It is a very hard variety of coal with the fewest impurities, no fibrous notches, and the highest carbon content available.
The first water filtration systems were made in the 1700s using wool, sponge and anthracite. African Pegmatite’s milled Hydro Anthracite is a South African tailor-made product formulated specifically for today’s demanding water filtration requirements.
Packed in 25/40kg polypropylene bags, stretch wrapped on pallets or 500kg bulk bags. Choose the packaging and shipping arrangement that best suits your needs, from small packaging to bulk bags or custom sizes made just for you. We can accommodate virtually any size, from one metric ton to thousands.
We maintain competitive pricing in an effort to win and retain your business for as long as you need us. Our goal is to meet the needs of every customer, including those with special requests and demanding production schedules.
A 15-day general turnaround for manufacturing allows us to get your compounds to you as quickly as possible, so you can keep up with the demands of your business. Contact us to get in touch with a distributor in your area if you don’t have time to wait for materials.
We currently ship to 44 countries across the world and we’re happy to ship to yours, too. The dependable and professional logistics channels we have in place make it easy to offer great pricing and service regardless of your location.
With 48 years as professionals in mining and manufacturing, we have the insight, network, and experience to offer you the very best in quality, service, and efficiency. We’ve been accredited by the ISO 9001 since 2002 and have most recently met the 2015 standard.
We aim to provide the very best materials available to our customers, and become your one-stop shop for colourants, minerals, compounds, and more. Take a look at our general water filtration page to see all the other water filtration and supplementary products we have available.
If you’d like to become a distributor of African Pegmatite products, get in touch with us and we’ll customise an arrangement with you.